Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ – £433.00
N.B. This product MAY be eligible for supply to UK customers as a Zero Rated VAT product, please read this page carefully before choosing whether to pay for your purchase at Zero Rate of VAT or including VAT from the drop down box above. If you feel you are eligible for Zero Rate of VAT for this product you MUST provide us with a declaration before we can ship the product, not doing so will delay shipment. (If for personal use UK customers may be able to purchase ex VAT at £360.83)
This product is available to UK customers only.
The Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ is a premium quality portable device that streams speech and audio directly to your wireless Cochlear branded hearing instruments, including Cochlear BAHA 4, BAHA 5 and Nucleus 6.
• Exclusive and discrete design that is small and lightweight
• One-to-one speech streaming when worn by a single speaker
• Table microphone functionality, picking up speech from multiple speakers in its radius
• Pickup of teleloop signals via in-built telecoil
• Pickup of FM signals (Europin FM receiver required)
• Plug-and-play line-in mini-jack connector (mixed mono)
This plug-and-play device is effortless to use, and reliably improves signal-to-noise ratio and speech understanding in difficult listening situations where distance, background noise or poor acoustics is an issue.
It transmits the voice of a speaker(s) directly into your hearing instruments without the need for any extra devices, such as cables, cords or necklaces.
When placed horizontally on a table, the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ automatically switches into an optimized table mode to enable pickup of the voices of multiple speakers.
An additional real-life benefit is that, since the listener is not required to look directly at the speaker(s) during a conversation, he or she is free to perform dual attention tasks that normal hearing people take for granted.
In essence the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ extends the hearing range well beyond the reach of any hearing instrument in a variety of situations, such as when having conversations:
• at home, at school or at work
• in the car
• while dining out
Additionally, being able to tap into tele-loop and FM signals (FM Euro pin receiver required) as well as offering line-in connection makes the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ the most versatile portable speech and audio streamer in the market.
Easy to connect
• Just press the pairing button on the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+, and open and close the battery door of the hearing instruments within 20 seconds to pair with the hearing instruments
• One time pairing procedure – once paired the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ stays paired with the hearing instruments
Easy to use
• Simply turn the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ ON and switch the hearing instruments into streaming mode
• Easy to recharge using the included charger
• Microphone mode: Typical 11 hours
• Line-in mode: Typical 11 hours
• Telecoil mode: Typical 7 hours
• FM mode: Typical 10 hours
• When worn vertically (clipped on or worn on lanyard) it automatically switches into directional mode and minimizes background noise.
• When placed horizontally on e.g. a table it automatically switches into a mode optimized for picking up the voices of multiple speakers
• Plug-and-play line-in and FM functionality
• Volume control adjustment for personal preference (incl. volume control lock)
• Drop detector – mutes transmitted signal momentarily when dropped from heights above 75 cm (~30 inches)
• Can be controlled via Cochlear connected apps 2.4 GHz wireless Technology
• A smart, robust and reliable international standard that has a strong, clear and stable signal
• No synchronization issues between sound and image due to an unnoticeable 20ms delay
• No need to wear an intermediary device, as the signal is transmitted directly to the hearing aids.
This equipment does not work with all hearing aids in the Cochlear range, our suggestion is that you contact us via our webform on the Contacts page with details before purchase and we will advise accordingly.